Power and Water retails electricity to remote communities, Nhulunbuy, Alyangula and Jabiru. People in these locations receive their power bill from Power and Water, or may use a prepayment electricity meter.

If you live in Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek or Alice Springs, your power bill is issued by another retailer, and this information may not be relevant for you. For customers in these areas, you will need to find your power retailer.

Is Power and Water my power retailer?

To confirm whether you are in one of the remote  communities that Power and Water is the power retailer for, check the map below.

View remote customer location map

Frequently asked questions

The information below aims to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about power bills received from Power and Water and your payment options. If you would like any additional information, contact our Customer Service Centre.

This diagram will help you to understand your Power and Water invoice.

It's important to note that you will only get a power bill from us if you are a remote customer or you are located in Jabiru, Nhulunbuy and Alyangula.

We will estimate your power use if our meter readers can't access the power meter on your property and there is no reading provided by you after we've left you a card requesting the information. You can learn more about estimated reads.

It is important to contact us to discuss payment options if you can't pay by the due date. Contacting us may help you avoid having your electricity service disconnected.

Once you have met certain guidelines, your Power and Water bill can be paid off in instalments by entering into a payment arrangement with us. If you need an extension on your account, you can contact us to discuss further.

You can contact us to replace your missing copy. It would help to have meter number and/or customer identification number handy. You can find this on your previous power bill.

Our meter readers access properties to read the power meter every three months for domestic customers and monthly for commercial customers.

We administer Pensioner and Carer concessions for electricity, water and sewerage services on behalf of Territory Families.

See our seniors and concessions page for more information.

Yes, we do. You can read our customer contract here.

You can receive and pay your bills online via your mobile, tablet or computer. See our e-billing page for more information.

See our saving power and money page for some tips.

Payment options

There are many ways to pay your Power and Water power bill, so there's sure to be one that suits your needs. You can see the options listed below. Some remote customers have prepaid power meters. If that's you, you can purchase credit from your local store or by calling our Customer Service Centre on 1800 245 092.

Pay securely online by credit card or call Phone Direct on 1800 644 849 and use the interactive voice response system.

Both services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The maximum credit limit for online payment is $5000.

Pay online

Complete the direct debit form and return it to us by emailing customerservice@powerwater.com.au, posting it to GPO Box 3596, Darwin NT 0801.

With BPAY, you can pay your bills directly from your bank account, over the phone or on the internet. Quote biller code 7526 to pay Power and Water bills.

If you’re not already set up for telephone or internet banking, please contact your bank. Your bank will issue you with a password enabling you to access your accounts securely and use the free BPAY service.

Once registered with your bank, you simply indicate you wish to pay a bill, quote biller code 7526 and your customer reference number (which you'll find on your Power and Water bill in the bottom right corner).

Find out more about our paperless billing service here. Or go to BPAY to learn how to pay your bill using this service.

You can pay your bill in person at Australia Post. They accept a variety of payment methods including BasicsCard.

Northern Territory Government employees can arrange payroll deductions to pay their Power and Water account. Supply your Power and Water Customer ID number (top right corner of the bill) to your pay section and advise the amount you would like deducted fortnightly.

If you would like to change amounts or cancel payments, you will need to contact payroll.

Automatically transfer funds from your Centrelink allowance to pay your bill. Contact Centrelink directly to organise payments.

Find more information about this payment option at Centrepay.

Tear off the payment slip and return it together with your cheque to:

GPO Box 3596
Darwin NT 0801

Find your local post office here.