Power and Water is the electricity retailer for 72 remote towns and communities, plus Jabiru, Nhulunbuy and Alyangula.

In Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Yulara and surrounding areas, Power and Water is not your electricity retailer. You can find your power retailer here.

If you are definitely paying a Power and Water electricity bill please continue:

We only accept payments for bills issued by Power and Water

If you are looking to pay a bill from a different retailer, you can find a list of power retailers here.

You can pay any Power and Water invoice online, as long as it contains a customer reference number.

1. Billing details
2. Confirm details
3. Approval
Step 1: Fill in the details below to pay online
This will be the 17 digit number beginning with zero found next to the BPAY logo on your bill.
Visa logo Mastercard logo
$ .

You will be asked to confirm these details at the next step

Oops! Our online payment system is currently unavailable. Here are some alternative payment options:

Complete the online direct debit form here.

You can also print off the form and return it to us by emailing customerservice@powerwater.com.au, posting it  to GPO Box 3596, Darwin NT 0801 or in person at any of our customer service centres

With BPAY, you can pay your bills directly from your bank account, over the phone or on the internet. Quote biller code 7526 to pay Power and Water bills.

If you’re not already set up for telephone or internet banking, please contact your bank. They’ll issue you with a password enabling you to access your accounts securely and use the free BPAY service.

Once registered with your bank, you simply indicate you wish to pay a bill, quote biller code 7526 and your 17 digit customer reference number (which you'll find on your Power and Water bill in the bottom left-hand corner)

Tear off the payment slip and return it together with your cheque to:

GPO Box 3596
Darwin NT 0801

Find your local post office here.

Pay your bill in person at Australia Post. They accept a variety of payment methods including BasicsCard.

You can also visit any of our customer service centres.

Northern Territory Government employees can arrange payroll deductions to pay their Power and Water account. Supply your Power and Water customer ID number (top right-hand corner of the bill) to your pay section and advise the amount you would like deducted fortnightly.

Automatically transfer funds from your Centrelink allowance to pay your bill. Nominate a deduction amount per fortnight and contact Centrelink topay this amount directly to us.

Find more information about this payment option at Centrepay.