Territorians living in major centres need to choose a power retailer.

If you are in Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek or Alice Springs, your power retailer will manage your accounts and handle your enquiries. Check out our list of licensed electricity retailers in the Northern Territory for more information.

Choose an electricity retailer

Once you're registered with a retailer you should also contact them for billing queries and things like changing meters and installing solar panels.

We own and maintain the power network infrastructure, the power meter at your property and take the meter readings, which we pass on to your retailer for billing.

We are your power retailer if you live in a remote community or Jabiru, Alyangula or Nhulunbuy. If you are unsure, learn more about our 72 remote communities here.