Power and Water also manages and maintains a number of smaller electricity networks, servicing small towns and communities.
These areas are not connected to Power and Water’s three regulated electricity networks. They are classified as ‘unregulated’ as they are not subject to economic oversight by the AER.
Non-regulated electricity networks which Power and Water holds a licence to operate include:
- Daly River/ Jabiru / Borroloola/ Timber Creek/Daly Waters/ Elliott
- Newcastle Waters/Yulara/Ti Tree/Kings Canyon
- Nhulunbuy – surrounding rural areas only
- Groote Eylandt- Angurugu and Umbakumba only
- Indigenous communities under the Indigenous Essential Services program.
While not regulated by the AER, Power and Water is required under its licence conditions to operate these networks to comply with the System Control Technical Code and Network Technical Code and any applicable code of rule made by the Utilities Commission