We want to hear from you. Feedback from our customers helps us to improve our service and business. Contact us if you have a complaint or a compliment.

We want to hear from you if you have received exceptional service or if you have comments or suggestions as to how we can improve our service and products. Our commitment to you is outlined in both our customer charter and guaranteed service levels.

Are you reporting a fault or a complaint?

We rely on our community to help us identify faults so if you contact us about a fault, it will not be recorded as a complaint unless we fail to rectify the fault within the timeframe identified in our Customer Contract.

Are you a residential customer with a complaint about your power bill?

If you live in Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs, your power bill comes from your chosen power retailer, so you need to contact your retailer about your complaint.

When dealing with complaints or feedback, our process is to:

  • receive complaints by telephone, facsimile, email, letter or online via social media or our app
  • resolve your complaint as soon as reasonably possible
  • deal with your complaints professionally, efficiently and fairly
  • keep you advised of progress or changes
  • advise you of any cost that may be associated prior to undertaking any action
  • provide reasons for our decisions
  • learn from your feedback and improve Power and Water's service and product delivery
  • treat all customers with courtesy and respect.

In order for us to respond to your complaint, it is your responsibility to:

  • clearly identify the issues of complaint and to provide any relevant supporting information and documents
  • where possible, let us know what kind of result or outcome you are hoping to receive
  • advise us promptly if recent circumstances change your need for a complaint to be assessed
  • treat all Power and Water officers with courtesy and respect.

To make a complaint or provide us with feedback:

Complete our online form

However, some factors are outside of Power and Water’s control. This includes government pricing policy, tariff structures and legislation. These would not be logged as complaints. Instead, these issues need to be directed to the department/organisation implementing them. Power and Water will provide contact details of these parties as requested.

We will investigate and do all we can to resolve the issue and let you know the outcome. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Ombudsman’s office to act on your behalf.

If you believe Power and Water is responsible for loss or damage to your property or possessions, you may submit a claim that will be assessed to determine whether you are entitled to compensation.

Here are some answers to help you understand how a claim for compensation is assessed.

Complete our compensation form

In accordance with the Guaranteed Service Level (GSL) scheme, customers do not need to apply for a GSL payment. Power and Water will determine if your property is eligible for a GSL payment.

If eligible, it will be credited to your account and appear on your bill as soon as reasonably practicable. Only complete this form if your next bill has not been credited.

Complete our GSL form

Power and Water has a separate process for handling complaints or other feedback about our procurement activities.

We welcome your feedback to identify potential areas for improvement. Improving our procurement process and the standard of our documentation will ensure we continue to receive quality responses from our partners. Please complete our feedback form discuss ways to improve the procurement process.

Download our guide for business on making a complaint

Online feedback form

Please let us know what you really like about their service and be specific about who helped, how and when. So we can pass this on to the right team member.

If you can’t recall everything, that’s okay.​

Online form