Solar/Diesel Mini-Grid Systems
Power and Water has developed a comprehensive handbook and ASIM model tool about Solar/Diesel power generation in remote communities.
The project was supported by the Australian Government through the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), an independent agency established to make renewable energy technologies more affordable and increase the amount used in Australia.
Solar Diesel Mini-Grid Handbook
The Handbook has been developed to provide information about key technical, design, implementation and operational considerations for solar/diesel hybrid mini-grid systems in remote Australia, with a particular focus on the NT context.
ASIM is a flexible open-source modelling tool that has been developed to simulate solar/diesel power system operation and conduct analysis of its technical and financial performance.
The ASIM model tool and supporting user documentation are available for download:
- ASIM Configuration Guide PDF - 1.7 MBOutlines more detailed simulation options and examples.
- ASIM GitHub Download Guide PDF - 245.1 KBOutlines how to access ASIM via the Github webpage.
- ASIM Quick Start Manual PDF - 799.0 KBOutlines how to run a simple ASIM simulation to enable a new user get started with ASIM relatively quickly.
- ASIM Reference Manual PDF - 1.1 MBPresents information on how the model is configured, including parameter lists and definitions and control methods and explains how various model functions work.
- Solar Diesel Mini Grid Handbook PDF - 3.8 MBThis handbook provides information about key technical, design, implementation and operational considerations for solar/diesel hybrid mini-grid systems in remote Australia, with a particular focus on the NT.