Power and Water provides electricity, water and sewerage services to customers in the Northern Territory.
Our commitment to you is customer service excellence. Our Customer Contracts are part of that commitment, giving you information about your rights and obligations to help us to provide the best customer service.
Power and Water was structurally separated on 1 July 2014, as part of a larger Northern Territory Government reform of the Power and Water Corporation. This has led Power and Water to have two published customer contracts.
Our Customer Charter provides a simple summary of the key points of these contracts.
The first of these contracts covers Power and Water’s responsibility as the sole Electricity Network Provider, and is called our Standard Customer Connection Agreement. This contract covers all customers listed in the areas below:
- Darwin (city, suburbs and surrounding rural areas, including Palmerston, Batchelor and Adelaide River)
- Katherine (township, suburbs and surrounding rural areas, including Pine Creek, Larrimah and Mataranka)
- Tennant Creek (township, suburbs and surrounding rural areas)
- Alice Springs (city, suburbs and surrounding rural areas)
- Daly Waters
- Timber Creek
- Newcastle Waters
- Kings Canyon
- Ti Tree
The second Customer Contract covers Power and Water’s remaining responsibilities (where Power and Water is the retailer) and applies to:
- all water supply, sewerage and electricity services customers, unless we have agreed to an alternative, written and signed agreement; and
- business customers unless we have agreed an alternative written signed agreement or unless this contract is terminated.
We will continue to monitor and review the quality of customer service we provide. We report to the Utilities Commission, the Chief Health Officer and to you, each year, on our performance against our contracts.
We welcome your feedback so we can work to improve our services to you. Send comments or suggestions to our Customer Service Officers at email@example.com or call 1800 245 092.