Power Networks Network Connection Technical Code and Planning Criteria
The Network Connection Technical Code sets out the technical requirements that apply to the design and operation of all plant and equipment connected to the electricity network.
It is particularly applicable to generators and large loads and covers:
- network performance criteria including frequency, quality of supply, stability, load shedding, reliability, steady state criteria and safety and environmental criteria
- technical requirements of users' facilities including the connection of generators and loads and protection requirements
- inspection, testing and commissioning
- power system security and
The Network Planning Criteria presents the criteria that are applied to ensure that Power and Water's networks:
- meet high safety standards
- provide a high quality, reliable and secure electricity supply
- meet environmental standards and
- optimise equipment utilisation.