Power Networks' Network Technical Code and Network Planning Criteria
The Network Technical Code and Network Planning Criteria sets out the requirements that apply to all facets of the electricity network.
The Network Technical Code is applicable to all connected equipment but particularly generators and large loads and covers:
- network performance criteria including frequency, quality of supply, stability, load shedding, reliability, steady state criteria and safety and environmental criteria
- technical requirements of users' facilities including the connection of generators and loads and protection requirements
- inspection, testing and commissioning
- power system security and
The Network Planning Criteria documents the criteria that are applied to ensure that Power and Water's networks:
- meet high safety standards
- provide a high quality, reliable and secure electricity supply
- meet environmental standards and
- optimise equipment utilisation.