Living in the Territory
One of the best things about working in the Territory is undoubtedly the lifestyle and opportunity.
From the pristine shores of our northern coastland - just a two hour flight to Asia - to the iconic red desert of Central Australia, new residents will find a warm welcome and an enviroment geared for the future.
Complemented by clean air, friendly faces and the realisation of strong economic growth, the Northern Territory provides a way of life unlike any other place in Australia. It is a place of opportunity for families, business people and individuals and delivers a unique quality of life.
Why move to the Northern Territory?
- Enjoy warm tropical weather in Darwin all year round and typical summer and winter climate in Central Australia.
- It's easy to stay active and keep fit all year round in the Territory.
- A fishing paradise - Darwin's harbour is bigger than Sydney Harbour! The Territory hosts many fishing tournaments such as the NT Barra Classic and the Gove Game Classic.
- Enjoy the environment and wildlife, there are many places to go camping including Litchfield and Kakadu national parks, McDonnell Ranges and Katherine Gorge.
- The Territory's education system provides high quality choices from preschool to tertiary level with nationally recognised standards.
- Quality healthcare is available across the Territory at hospitals, health centres and community care centres.
- Less traffic, less hassle and the chance to live close to work which rarely takes more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Territorians know how to enjoy themselves and that includes taking part in the arts and other cultural events.
- A variety of shopping, retail stores and markets.
- Darwin is the gateway to Asia. Take a 2½ hour flight from Darwin and spend the weekend in Bali. Many other Asian cities are also close by.