When you become a contestable customer
We'll partner you all the way . . . we value you as a customer and are committed to partnering you in growing your business. Your success is our success!
If you qualify as a contestable customer, you will be issued with a Certificate of Contestability. If you require confirmation of the date of your contestability, please contact Customer Services on 1800 245 092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you reach contestability, have received your certificate and consented, you will have the option to:
- Talk to Power and Water and negotiate a tailored package to suit your business needs;
- Consider another electricity retailer; or
- Deal direct with a generator. Please note, this option is only available to customers who hold a Retailer's Licence in the Northern Territory.
The Utilities Commission was established on 17 March 2000 to perform the following functions:
- Regulate prices for certain monopoly services.
- License regulated industry participants.
- Monitor the performance of regulated operators.
- Investigate and help to resolve complaints regarding the conduct of licenses.
- Provide consumers and others with information.
- Provide regulatory advice to the Regulatory Minister.
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding your contract with Power and Water that you do not feel have been resolved satisfactorily when you have approached us, please contact the Utilities Commission. The Utilities Commission can be contacted on (08) 8999 5480, or go to the Utilities Commission web site.
Upon the date of your contestability, Power and Water can contract with you. Being able to contract with you provides us with the opportunity to extend our customer service.
See also: Are you a contestable customer?